This Policy covers the collection and use of personal information by OceanMind when a visitor browses www.oceanmind.global. This includes all related pages, any subscription-based features or services offered by OceanMind via its website as well as the use of any of the website’s related features and services. This does not apply to any third-party websites that may be linked to or from OceanMind’s website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are automatically downloaded onto your device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the website at each subsequent visit or to any another website that recognizes them. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies perform a lot of different functions. For example, they allow you to navigate between website pages efficiently, remember your preferences and generally improve your website use experience. Due to their core role of enhancing or enabling usability or website processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of OceanMind’s website.
Why OceanMind collects information
OceanMind’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to deliver a smooth, efficient and personalised experience when using its website. This allows OceanMind to provide you with the information, services and features that are most likely to meet your needs.
OceanMind automatically tracks certain information about you, based upon your behaviour on our website. OceanMind uses this information to understand who visits our site and why, so that we can continuously improve our site and services.
The information collected from you and about you is used as follows:
- To ensure that content from OceanMind’s website is presented as optimally as possible for you, your computer and your web browser.
- To measure and improve OceanMind’s website performance and usability, its contents, services and features as well as to personalise your overall experience.
- To send you information based on your relationship with us, notify you about changes to our services, provide customer support and respond to your inquiries.
Cookies used on this website
Session Cookies – OceanMind uses a session cookie to recognise you from page to page within the website. This cookie only lasts for the duration of your visit. It is destroyed when you close the browser. By using OceanMind’s website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
When these cookies are disabled, various functions of the site may be broken or unavailable.
For more information on session cookies and what they are used for, go to: www.allaboutcookies.org
Performance Cookies – Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, i.e., the pages you go to most often, and any error messages you receive. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. The information these cookies collect is aggregated, therefore anonymous, and is only used to understand how the site is being used and identify problem areas to improve user experience. We use a third party to undertake this collection, in this case Google Analytics.
Functionality Cookies – Functionality cookies are used to enable OceanMind’s website to recognise you on subsequent visits, thus speeding up or enhancing your experience, as well as remember your settings and preferences, such as user name, language, region and any other customisation options both now and in the future.
They may also be used to provide services such as watching a video. Such cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using the OceanMind website, you agree that OceanMind can place these types of cookies on your device. When these cookies are disabled, various functions of OceanMind’s website may be broken or unavailable.
Other cookie data collection that may be used on OceanMind’s website
Social media buttons
On some pages of OceanMind’s website you will see “social media buttons”. These enable users to share or bookmark web pages or access OceanMind content on these social media. These buttons include: Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Facebook. You may also find other regional or language-specific social media buttons. By clicking on any of these buttons, these third-party sites will register your action and may use that information.
To implement these buttons and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, scripts from domains outside of OceanMind must be used. You should be aware that when you are logged-in to the services of these third-party sites (e.g., Google and Facebook), they are likely to be collecting information about your browsing habits, including when you are on the Oceanmind website, even if you do not click on a social button. Read the respective policies of each of these sites to see how they use your information and how to opt-out or delete such information.
The information we collect about you
We may collect, process and use the following information about you:
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, search activities as well as the page, content, software or resources that you access. OceanMind uses this information to provide services to you, such as your viewing of our web site.
- Your IP address, web addresses of the sites you arrive from and go to next and information about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and internet connection speed. OceanMind uses this information to understand who visits our site and why, so that we can continuously improve our site and services.
Information generated and collected automatically
OceanMind uses web analytics tools to automatically store website usage information, such as the origin, numbers and frequency of visitors to its website and how they use its contents and components. This data is only used in the analytics tool aggregate and helps us continuously improve our site and services.
When a user provides OceanMind with information that identifies them through the website, for example, when you complete an enquiry form on the website, this information is not stored on any OceanMind marketing databases. The content of this enquiry form is stored in an email format within OceanMind’s email server, to enable OceanMind to deliver an appropriate business response in relation to the nature of the enquiry. Information from these enquiry forms are not used by OceanMind for marketing purposes.
Some options are available to help you anonymously visit websites, including the possibility to set your web browser to block all cookies or to initiate an anonymous browsing session.
What you can do to control cookies collected on OceanMind’s website
- You can delete cookies after having visited OceanMind’s website
- You can browse the website using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” in Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari)
- You can set your browser’s security controls so that all or certain cookies are blocked
- You can request that we delete any personal information that we collected—to do so email firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of use
How to contact us for more information